Sunday, January 23, 2011

What Hardships Have I Overcome?


What hardships have I overcome
To build my trust and shape my faith?
My age is tender, my years are young
Few are the hard-fought battles I’ve won
When all seemed lost but for God’s grace
Shining through in my hour of need
Teaching me henceforth to walk by faith
And trust in what I cannot see.

My life is clay in the Potter’s hands
To mold whatever form He please.
Though I may not always understand
And cannot see God’s perfect plan
He works only the best for me
And calls me simply to trust His love
My side He promised to never leave
His grace He promised to be enough.

And so I stand, firm in His truth
Though the wind may howl and storms assail
Spent in service shall be my youth
And late in life, my heart the proof
That, though my feeble soul had failed
I did press on, though weary and worn
Till on the blissful shores I hailed
A faith of gold, refined by storms.

-Rebekah Nixon
All copyrights applicable

No comments: