Recently, a very serious relationship I was happily involved in came to an end.
Wow. Interesting to see that in print. I think most people reading this, however, can feel the pain behind that statement.
And you can probably identify with the question that now hangs over me: now what?
Where do I go from here? What do you do when you don't know what you thought you knew? Now what do I do?
I face those questions physically, trying to decide what God wants for my life now. Do I move? Stay here? Try to get a new job? Keep this one? Start a career?
But the place those questions truly haunt is spiritual. Oh, how easy it would be to question God.
Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die!” But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips. Job 2:9-10
Maybe you're going through the same thing; probably you're going through something different. But I can guarantee there is something (or multiple things) in all of our lives that Satan would like to use to convince us to question God, to doubt His goodness and His master plan.
Have you questioned God? Have you doubted Him?
But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” Romans 9:20
Who are we to question God? Who are we to doubt His goodness, His love, or even His very character?
And yet...I confess that I have doubted His love. Having someone love me, then stop, has caused me to be insecure about love. Not that I think God will stop loving me...but there is now a doubt that I never felt before. Suddenly, the definition of being in love with God is no longer so clear.
Standing in worship, I raised my hands and tears streamed down my face. "God, do You really love me?" my heart cried.
And then we sang this song:
And I felt His love pouring over me, over and over again. And I heard Him tell my heart, "I love you. I have always loved you. I died for you...it's already been done. That's My proof. I will never stop loving you."
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10
...that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19


5 comments:
When someone we love gets hurt, our heart hurts with them.But you know that you are never alone,He is there with you.I can see you are coming along just fine and when you get a little further along in your healing process, you will know that God did for you what was best.It is far better now to go through such a loss than years into a marriage that God did not intend. Just don't fear and keep leaning on the promises of the Lord that He has given to us for times such as this. I see you are, that is good.Just know that the hurting will slowly cease and the growth will be so evident in your life. Just remember God did not make us to make us happy, He made us to make us Holy.I belive I heard my Pastor say this once and it took it a while to seek in but it is true. Our happiness may not be the happiness God has in store for us. Now is he time for trusting and letting God hold you in His arms.So take the time you need, then get up and go on more strong and more wise. Never quit loving and being the sweet wonderful girl I know that you are. love you< Mrs. connie or "Grandma Connie" to you.
Reading this post really was an encouragement . :) . Sorry to hear about you two tho :( . But you know things happen for a reason . Whether it was his decision or yours or who knows what ! . Always remember that you don't need a guy in your life for you to be happy ya know ? There are waaay more people out there that love you :) . Like God , family , friends , mee :) . Stay strong in the Lord , babes ! :)
This is it,Beck....
Last summer when we talked endlessly on horseback...t it...This is it...His love will sustain you my friend,He LOVES YOU,and I do too,if nothing else from this horrible pain,you have FELT God's unconditional love for you.I'm so happy I could cbecause of thry,not e pain you go through but because God in His perfect love and perfect will is showing you just how much He loves you!
Ladies, thank you so much for your support. It hasn't been easy but I appreciate the prayers and encouragement! Love you each!
Oh you Sweet girl!! My heart aches for you. Praying God gives you peace and comfort.
Relationships that come to an end leave questions and hurts no matter when end you are on or for what reasons you separate.
I was on the opposite end when I ended my first serious relationsip - the only one before P. I broke it off. I broke his heart, and mine broke too, for hurting him. But no matter how badly it hurts, it is, for whatever reason, Gods will for you both. ( As Christians, we have that promise! Amen!) I don't regret the decision I made. I wish I could have done things differently as to not have hurt him, but I have and amazing husband now and a beautiful daughter. I am so thankful that God brought us together.
You will have true love. You have it now, with Jesus. And I'm quite sure Prince Charming that God has for you is waiting somewhere!
Oh and as for what to do with your life now, I think you should move to WI. :) I know someone who would love to have you. :)
Post a Comment