Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hello again!

Hello blog friends! My goodness it's been a long time... I'm sorry I have been on such a long hiatus but, well, life kind of got busy and I was trying to figure out how to juggle everything. I'm going to try to get back to blogging regularly, we'll see if it works. :)

One big thing that has happened recently -- I just got back from a week-long mission trip to Haiti! People always ask me "how it was" -- the honest answer is "heartbreaking." Here's an excerpt from the newsletter I wrote after I returned:

 










 Hello friends and family!

As you know, I had the opportunity to spend a week in Haiti building playgrounds to bless the children of one of the poorest countries on earth. However, after returning to America, I think I can say that we were blessed just as much as the children!

About 55 people, from across the United States, flew into Port-au-Prince Friday and Saturday; we were then divided into three teams and each team built a playground in a week. Our team built a playground at the Maison des Enfants de Dieu orphanage (which means, in English, House of Children of God), home to over 80 The vast majority of Haitian people live in poverty unimaginable to anyone who has not witnessed it firsthand. Most children must grow up fast in order to survive. A playground provides a safe place and touches its entire community by bringing joy to kids and their families.

I cannot begin to describe to you how my heart was broken so many times for these beautiful children, so hungry for love and attention. I only know that Jesus loves them more than I can even imagine, and to be His hands and feet for a week and love on these kids was a truly life-changing experience.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

update your blog, girl!